The Principles That Guide Our Commitment...
Prioritizing, nurturing, attracting, and developing talent from diverse backgrounds to ensure that our team reflects the rich tapestry of the global community we serve
Promoting equal treatment and expanding opportunities within Synergy
Empowering a diverse and inclusive workplace that fuels innovation, fosters creativity, and enhances our ability to adapt in a rapidly changing world
Fostering a culture at Synergy that embraces and celebrates the unique life experiences, backgrounds, and cultures of our team, ensuring that everyone feels heard, valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
Creating an environment where everyone's unique contributions are recognized and cherished, emphasizing the importance of individuality
Proactively identifying, addressing and eliminating any biases, barriers or internal obstacles that may hinder equal access to opportunities within our organization, ensuring the realization of equitable opportunities for all
We prioritize associate wellbeing with initiatives like no-meeting Fridays, extra holiday days and additional paid leave hours per quarter supporting their work-life balance and overall wellbeing.
Outreach & Participation
We actively engage in professional development through conferences, webinars and local events, connecting with DEI&A experts and industry peers. This enriches our knowledge and fosters meaningful connections within our community.
Supply Chain & Vendor Diversity
We prioritize diverse supplier partnerships, driving diversity and revenue growth. In 2022, our supply chain team exceeded $25 million in supplier diversity spend, honoring our commitment to support and empower diverse businesses.
Recruitment & Hiring
We actively foster diversity in leadership through initiatives like diverse job fairs, councils and community programs. These efforts create opportunities for diverse talent and enhance our organization's overall growth and inclusivity.
Education & Awareness
We prioritize continuous learning for all associates through seminars, Red Talks (our version of Ted Talks), enhanced onboarding and ongoing training. These efforts provide valuable knowledge and resources for their personal and professional growth.
Mentoring & Apprenticeships
Synergy's HR and management teams have developed guidelines and programs to identify, nurture and recruit a diverse talent pool. Through these initiatives, we prioritize fostering growth and success for individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Synergy strives to foster an environment where everyone feels they belong; diversity, equality and inclusion is celebrated; and our company reflects the people and markets in which we work and live.
Synergy is People Focused
Synergy celebrates its people, valuing the richness of diverse skin colors, gender orientations and beliefs. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility is driven by the dedicated DEI&A Committee, led by our Chief Diversity Officer. Here are some key initiatives:
- Grow@Synergy: Our leadership training program nurtures talent, providing strategies for leadership and well-being. To date, 50% of participants have been promoted.
- Removing Degree Requirements: We believe in potential over credentials. By eliminating degree requirements from job descriptions, and taking part in the WERC "Upward Mobility" internship program, we create opportunities for individuals to excel based on their skills and potential.
- Wellness Focus: Our "Summer Champions" team brainstorms wellness ideas, implementing wellness days and introducing associate well-being benefits for a healthier work environment.
- Collaborative Efforts: We actively participate in the CHPA and GBTA DEI&A committees, engaging in debates, collaborations and sharing key learnings to advance DEI&A initiatives across the corporate housing industry.
- Educational Partnerships: We work with the University of Surrey Hospitality & Tourism department to connect undergraduate students with the GBTA, offering networking and educational opportunities.
- DEI&A Training: We develop comprehensive training programs to foster awareness, understanding and inclusivity among our associates.
Synergy is deeply committed to corporate responsibility and collaboration. Through our actions and investments, we strive to drive transformational change.
Our people-first programs prioritize the health, safety, and security of our employees and guests. Embracing DEI&A and Duty of Care initiatives, we create an inclusive and secure environment.
We actively make tangible changes to improve our business practices. By integrating best practices into our operations, supply chain, IT systems and the guest and client employee experience, we are always striving to improve.
We firmly believe in upholding human rights, promoting equality, and eradicating all forms of discrimination and modern slavery. As part of our dedication to transparency and social responsibility, we invite you to read Synergy's Modern Slavery Statement, which outlines our approach to combating modern slavery and ensuring ethical practices across our operations. Together, we can create a better, more just world for all.